Every piece of TJS London jewellery is made of natural gemstones, precious metals, and a lot of love.
Follow these simple care instructions to make sure that your favourite pieces of jewellery always look like new.
- Store your jewellery in a soft-lined box or pouch and try to keep them separately so that they don’t scratch or tangle.
- Avoid as much as you can, exposing them to extreme temperatures or chemicals as this can cause tarnishing.
- It is recommended to keep your sterling silver and gold vermeil jewellery in dark places.
- Clean your jewellery carefully with a soft cloth or toothbrush, lukewarm water, and a very mild, chemicals free liquid soap. Avoid using other substances such as polish remover or toothpaste as these contain chemicals that will destroy your jewellery over time.
- Your jewellery might damage from the effects of chemicals present in perfume, hairspray, make-up, body lotion, and deodorant.
- Gently dry your jewellery after exposure to water. Chlorine and saltwater can damage precious metals and gemstones by dulling or eroding them.
- Sterling silver is a precious metal that reacts with oxygen and tarnishes over time. Therefore, in this case, you can slow down tarnishing by cleaning your jewellery regularly.
Pay special attention to:
- Oxidised jewellery – We oxidise some of our jewellery to give it an antique look. This should not be considered as a defect as it’s part of some collections’ design. Avoid cleaning the jewellery aggressively to make sure the effect doesn’t wear off.
- Plated or vermeil jewellery – All our vermeil jewellery has a thick coating of 2 – 2.5 microns of gold. Always consider using a soft cloth to rub the jewellery softly and do not wash it or bring in contact with water. In case this happens, dry it immediately.
Basic care instructions
- Avoid wearing jewellery while swimming, showering, performing sports activities, or doing other household activities that involve contact with substances that may damage your jewellery.
- Always put on your jewellery after applying perfume or other body lotions.
Lots of love,
TJS London Team